Monday 12 September 2011

Exhibition 2011

This is a selection of images from my current exhibition in the Culture Shops Project.
They are quite different from my last exhibition that included a lot of well polished images taken for Blackpool Council. They were themed around entertainment in Blackpool.
These images are taken around the same time as the work I did for Blackpool Council but are totally different in subject matter and meaning.
I wanted to capture a totally different view point to the one I was building up for Blackpool Council.
I consider these to be a more honest view of
Blackpool, of what is here but never publicised. Such as the beauty in the construction of the Tower headland or the humour of a typical seaside visitor.
This is contrasted with the tragic event of people who loose their lives out at sea every year here. Which in turn is a contrast to the great events that happen once and then never again.
I wanted to say that there is more to Blackpool than people make out and it doesn't always have to be doom and gloom. There is beauty everywhere if you just look at it from another point of view.



No comments:

Post a Comment